WHY THE BROKER JUST MAKES YOU BROKER:
- Fact #1: The real estate commission is not a small percentage of the value of your home—it’s a huge percentage of your equity (see equity calculator).
- Fact #2: Listing a home with a real estate agent has never guaranteed a sale, and will never do so.
- Fact #3: It’s your money and your house. You’ve made the monthly payments, paid the taxes, shelled out for insurance. Even if you can afford it, paying a commission means losing money on this investment.
- Fact #4: The paper work is not complicated. Here's a secret for you—in the majority of home sales, only 2 documents (a purchase contract and a seller’s disclosure) are truly necessary. There are plenty of extra documents you can tack on, but many of these are to indemnify real estate agents should they neglect to do their job correctly.
- Fact #5: Real estate school does not teach an agent how to sell a home—it teaches them how to pass a government exam. Only experience can teach you how to sell a home, and I’m giving you all of mine, right here.
- Fact #6: In the last 4 years, nearly 30% of real estate agents have dropped out of the business. What clearer signal could you look for? The Internet is eliminating the need for real estate agent middleman.
People often ask me—why am I shooting myself in the foot? Why have I let the cat out of the bag about my own industry?
Well, I believe that when true innovation comes around, there's no stopping it. Innovation has never cared about its own consequences—look at the decline of manufacturing and the rise of outsourcing. We embrace innovation every day. When was the last time you went to a bank teller when an ATM was just down the block? Have you stopped consulting a stockbroker, turning instead to E*Trade?
Innovation isn’t always pretty, and it's sometimes painful, but innovation has always ultimately led to new freedoms and greater personal choice—and I can believe in that, even if it puts my profession out of business.
THE REALITY IS TECHNOLOGY HAS TAKEN TRADITION AND TURNED IT UPSIDE DOWN!!